How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3448
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

If you have a dispute with a neighbour that is going through

This answer was rated:

If you have a dispute with a neighbour that is going through the complaints system can the housing officer involved move them
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bermondsey south london under southwark council
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've gone through two complaints that you have to through the council which obviously that went against and now the housing ombudsman who is dealing with it now
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question.  In reality, this could potentially be an outcome yes, but that would only be in extreme circumstances.  It would not be unusual, however, for a person to request to be moved if they find the neighbours behaviour unreasonable.  However this will depend on the circumstances,  I would however, make your feelings and wishes known to the housing ombudsman in the first instance.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou, the neighbour that moved was being unreasonable to me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm sorry I would love to talk but being a pensioner I'm unable too Thankyou for your help

I wish you all the best.