How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3482
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I wish to emigrate to the phillipenes to marry my fiancce

This answer was rated:

i wish to emigrate to the phillipenes to marry my fiancce and and live there pernamently
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am living in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i am 64 years old and divorced .

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  Sadly, the Philippines can be quite difficult to move to and being married to someone who is resident there is not enough.  There are many ways to get permeant residence, however they require you to own business, property, and be able to speak the language (Tagalog) as well as being financially supported.  Therefore, in short, it will come down to your personal circumstances.  That is not to say it will not be possible.  Thankfully the Philippines have an immigration bureau which can help residents from the UK apply.  The best thing to do would be to make contact with them and go through your personal circumstances, intentions, finances etc. and they will be able to recommend the best route.  You cannot naturalise in the country unless you have resided there for no less than 10 years.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you