SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

A guest booked my property through an agent. They have asked

Customer Question

A guest booked my property through an agent. They have asked the agent for my personal details ,address in order to pursue a dispute. I do not want the agent to pass on my details and I have not been asked. Can I legally stop them from forwarding my details to an unknown person?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have tried to mediate via the agent. The guestvisxstill not happy hence wants my address
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that my personal information could be used to harrass or make defamatory statements which I am very concerned about.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer.

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you

Please note that although I can guide you, just answer doesn’t provide legal representation and therefore no solicitor/client relationship is formed.

Unless your agent is what is called an empowered agent and they agree to accept service on your behalf then you are obliged to give them your address regrettably.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to guide further if required. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.