How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5589
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My daughter is going to the UK to get a master's degree, Her

This answer was rated:

My daughter is going to the UK to get a master's degree, Her Visa is stuck in the New York Visa processing center. It has been 3 weeks (we paid for 5 day expedited process) and we have no way to checking on the status. The UK Visa line has been busy 24 hours a day since opening on Monday. We get on the line, put on hold, then dropped after 100 minutes. I was able to get a US same day passport appointment for Monday. Our flight is Tuesday. My question is that if we get a new passport, will she be able to get the Visa while she is in the UK as a visitor? thanks
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your daughter live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: USA - The visa is in process at the New York UK processing center
JA: Has your daughter talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that is it. The question for the lawyer she be able to get the Visa while she is in the UK with as a visitor on a new or updated US passport.

Good evening, welcome to just answer,

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Please note that although I can guide you, just answer doesn’t provide legal representation, therefore no solicitor/client relationship is formed.

I am very sorry to Hear of your situation. If you get a new passport snd travel on yhdt without the visa you will invalidate her application unfortunately. You would need to try anc change her flight and the universities do understand this type of issue especially now with the COVID pandemic. The airline however may not be as understanding because it is a usual condition attached to bookings that you ensure you have the visas for where you plan to travel to,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best

SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for the quick response.

You are very

You are very welcome