MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I am looking to move to England next year, 2022, with my

Customer Question

Hello Pearl! I am looking to move to England next year, 2022, with my British boyfriend, and my daughter. Both my daughter and I are Spanish citizens. We would like to know what the process is now given that the UK has left the EU. We all now currently live in the Philippines
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No, we have not spoken to a lawyer yet. We all live in the Philippines now - my boyfriend, myself, and my daughter.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None yet. That is why we would like to know what the process is for this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else. Thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

Hello I am happy to help this evening.

It seems you may satisfy the long-term partner scenario and can apply for a family permit or to the EU Settlement Scheme if either:

you had lived together for at least 2 years by 31 December 2020

there’s evidence you’re in a long-term relationship - for example, you had a child together by 31 December 2020

Your partner will need to prove their relationship with you. They can do this using a residence card or a family permit.

If they don’t have a residence card or a family permit, they can use things like:

joint bank statements

joint utility bills

joint mortgage statements or tenancy agreements

your child’s birth certificate

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Oh, although my daughter is not his child.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good evening to you as well, thank you for helping out! My daughter is not my boyfriend's child. How else can we prove that we're in a long-term relationship? or what other way is there for us?

This is ok you may still satisfy the criteria.

Have you lived together for at least 2 years by 31 December 2020?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No. We just moved in together this year. But we've been together for 2 years now, since August of 2019
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Although we are now renting a house, so nothing is under our name like joint accounts, bills etc.

You can apply for a family visa to come and live with your partner if you’re either:

A husband, wife, civil partner, proposed civil partner or fiancé(e)

you’ve lived with them for at least 2 years

You can only apply for a family visa if your partner has one of the following:

British citizenship

indefinite leave to remain or right of abode

refugee status or humanitarian protection

settled status from the EU Settlement Scheme

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What is the other way of living and working in the UK as a Spanish citizen? So we know our options

Freedom of movement ended at 11 pm on 31 December 2020. Any EU, EEA, or Swiss citizens (and their families) who did not arrive in the UK before then will now be subject to immigration control.

You may wish to contact a national charity setup to handle issues like yours, if you bear with me I will get their details.

JCWI is an independent national charity. They provide free immigration service on all immigration, asylum and nationality law matters.

Telephone: 020 7251 8708

Advice line: 020 7553 7470 (between 10.00am and 1.00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays).

Email: *****@******.***

Web: http://www.jcwi.org.uk/

Address: 115 Old Street, London EC1V 9RT

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much for all this. So to clarify, for our situation, the best route would be to apply for a family visa?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I also plan to work there ofcourse. I currently work for Dentsu an international ad agency. They have a branch in England as well and aiming to relocate there, if not. I will try other ad agencies instead. Would a work visa route be more difficult?

Yes that is also an option under if you work for a company with an English subsidiary.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Which would be the easier or faster route? Or would it be the same?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you recommend a lawyer who we could get in touch with to help us with the process?
Would you also know how much the rates would be for this type of service?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
or better yet, can you be our lawyer for this process?

You may be eligible for a visa under the points-based immigration system.

If EU citizens intending to work in the UK are not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme or the Frontier Worker permit (for example, because they arrived in the UK after 11 pm 31 December 2021 and have no recent history in the UK), a business may be able to sponsor them as a Skilled Worker or under the Intra-Company transfer route.

Unfortunately I can only provide guidance and I am unable to refer directly to or recommend a solicitor.

Alternatively you can access a local solicitor using the following website.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay. Thank you so much for all this you've been beyond extra helpful. These will do for now. I will message again if I have any other queries. Thank you again and stay safe!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My boyfriend is expanding his company from the Ph to the UK that's why he's heading back home. Is there any way he could list me under his company instead? Go through that angle?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If we go the family visa route, what proof do we need to prove our 2 year and future long-term relationship?

Tenancy or rental or mortgage/ownership agreements.

Joint bank statements/joint financial statements.

Utility bills or local taxation evidence.

Life insurance and named beneficiaries in policies.