MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I had no secure frount door to my property so it was baci

Customer Question

I had no secure frount door to my property so it was baci ally open 24/7, I had to put locks on inner door to secure my property. My landlord knew this this went on for while I had to call police constantly due to youths thinking it was an uninhabited property. I'd told my landlord I'd decorated the house and spent alot furnishing it and it was urgent to secure property
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Then 29th May the property was destroyed due to housefire. Liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There's lots but I'll explain all to solicitor instead of goin over it twice lol x
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Hi I am happy to help. If I do not respond straight away, rest assured that I will when next online.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I've got mental health issues and have copd and arthritis aswell. It's made my health worse over the months due to the worry an stress of not being able to secure my property. I was sexually assaulted in a previous property after someone broke in, which

Can you let me know what legal guidance you need?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Has affected me. The fire left me homeless and I lost everything I ended up sleeping rough in doorways whilst waiting to be placed somewhere this led to me being targeted whilst sleeping by a passer by who kicked me in the face

I am awfully sorry to hear this. That’s sounds awful. I am sorry you had to go through that?

What do you need to know from a legal perspective?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I suffer with anxiety and nerves so I don't like to talk as I struggle to get my words out I've been advised by friends and homeless key workers to seek out legal advice as they said the landlord should be held accountable for this as his negligence has been the cause

I see, I understand now. It is fine to take your time.

When you are considering how to claim compensation from your landlord, one of the most important considerations is whether or not your landlord has acted in a negligent manner. The issue of how to prove landlord negligence can be confusing

If your landlord failed to provide adequate repair work to the floor then they could be considered responsible as a result of negligence. In order to determine negligence, a court case may be required.

It would be advisable to speak with a no win no fee negligence solicitor. Would you like me to provide details on how to locate one closest to you in your area?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He knew that the property had already been targeted by kids in the area as previous tenants were known police informants and the frount door had fireworks placed through the letter box and was destroyed due to that. It was a pvc frount door that had holes were the locks had been and had no way to keep it shut so was constantly open. I had to fit locks on the door in the hallway but that was just a door for living room and inside the property. I was harassed constantly with kids congregating in the little space between the front door and the inner door, kicking and banging, it was embarrassing as the place looked scruffy from outside as the landlord had no fence or wall round the frount so it looked u lived in, and above all that he knowingly let uc take money of me n my flat mate each month for rent arrears that we didn't owe and only once I'd noticed it stopped but he wouldn't repay the money he'd basically fraudulently taken
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please

No problem, the address is: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

You can then enter your postcode to find the solicitor closest to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you need help.