How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3487
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I have just been served unexpectedly with a none molestation

Customer Question

I have just been served unexpectedly with a none molestation order and occupation order. the hearing is today 12,30pm. i dispute the allegations in the context is said. can you help asap??
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
whats best to do?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  I have read your information, can you tell me what your question is specifically please?  Is the occupation order to allow the applicant to reside at a property or is it to prevent your from entering/approaching a property?   I am just dealing with another issue but will be able to respond to this within the next 15 minutes.  Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think its both
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
are you there?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you.   So I would advise, if possible, to seek legal representation.   However I can give some advice on this matter.   Firstly, you can contest the orders on the position that they are "baseless" and/or without evidence, i.e. if the person seeking the order does not have any evidence to back up what they are saying and you are of the position that the claim is vexatious.  When going to court you have a few options, you can draft a statement setting out your version of events and providing evidence, for example, texts, emails, bank statements and anything else that backs up your position that the claim is baseless and has no merit.  Alternatively, you can give the court an undertaking, this is the legal term, for what is basically a "promise" to the court.  i.e. that you will not contact the person or attempt to near their property etc.   If there are children involved in this dispute, the granting of the order can make it difficult to facilitate contact, however it is not a basis to  prohibit contact with a child.   If the order is granted,  you will want to read it carefully as there may an arrest clause attached, meaning that if you were to breach the order you could be. arrested and charged.   If possible I would advise seeking legal representation.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.