JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I had child proceedings of one criminal and one family cases

I had child proceedings of one criminal and one family cases in which I won both cases.The manager of Cafcass who is also a magistrate at the same court had a fostering agency his partner of the fostering agency had six care homes children’s surely that’s a conflict of interest or corruption could someone tell me please What I can do about this please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: what I can do about this please I need advice Pls
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I reported it to the police they said it was a major conflict of interest it’s on the borderline I was wondering if there was anywhere I can go on this.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am just looking for advice as I believe there needs to be a major investigation I personally believe because he’s a manager he says he’s guardian in give bad reports and puts the children through his fostering agency And into his friends children’s home I believe there should be a big investigation

Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.You're describing what appears to be a conflict of interest and, arguably, the magistrate should have recused themselves from your case. In the first instance, you probably should raise a complaint against the magistrate by reporting the matter to the advisory committee detailed here: https://www.complaints.judicialconduct.gov.uk/ You may also want to contact your MP to see if they can offer any help.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks very much for responding
I’m not sure if he’s on the borderline of criminality.The children’s home that he was connect to Was charging £5700 a week for each child this was in 2016.
I'm afraid I couldn't say whether it's criminal but I agree with the police that you spoke to - it seems like a major conflict of interest if he's hearing care cases.
Good evening. I note it's been a couple of days and you haven't responded to my last answer. I trust that you were happy with my guidance. If you do need any further assistance, please let me know. Kind regards, J
JeremyT1020,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry I’ve been away and very busy thank you very much I have a meeting with my MP on Friday much appreciated
My pleasure. Good luck with the meeting. J