Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I've had a high force agent come to my property to evict the

Customer Question

I've had a high force agent come to my property to evict the previous tenant who I have just found out he was subletting me the property do they have rights as online it stated that they cannot evict a subtenent without taking the case back to court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West midlands england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They have seen and took a photo of my tenancy agreement And seen id
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I ain't breaking the law but they calling the police to help evict me which will then leave me homeless
Expert:  Stuart J replied 17 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Do you mean do they have the right to do this as you are a subtenant?

can you tell me how you came to be subletting?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
A friend of a friend offered me the property I paid 6 months in advance a the deposit for the property it states online that they cannot evict me it has to be took back to court and apply for an eviction notice in my name is ***** *****
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I need a reply soon please
Expert:  Stuart J replied 17 days ago.

If you are occupying the property and paying the rent to someone else who was subletting to you and there is a court order to evict the person who is in effect your landlord, that is not a court order to evict you and they should have to go back to court to get an order in your name.

HOWEVER they can apply for a court order to evict your effective landlord “and others” which means everybody who is in the property.

If they knew that the person was subletting to you, they could well have that order.  I would need to see a copy of the order please.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have