John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

My direct debit got cancelled by mistake and my car is not

Customer Question

My direct debit got cancelled by mistake and my car is not taxed. I have tried taxing it online and by telephone but neither recognise my document reference number
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Toyota Yaris don't know what you mean about the phone
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am on a computer I have tried numerous times by phone and by my computer via your website
JA: Is there anything else the Smartphone Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No i juist want to tax my car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. It is unclear how your direct debit got cancelled by mistake but you may tax your vehicle here https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax

Alternatively you can call the DVLA vehicle tax service on 0300(###) ###-####or go to the post office.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John