Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Employment tribunal, UK, its a whistlwbloing case and case

employment tribunal
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: its a whistlwbloing case and case is ongoing i want to ask about offers inquiry
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please explain your query in some more detail

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
MY case is in Employment tribunal in UK. Its about NHS whistle blowing . Both the parties have agreed to mediate . We have made an offer which is rejected. Now is it that only claimants have to make offers or respondents can also make offer?

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Either party can make an offer at any time. It is all part of the negotiating process. A respondent can easily make an offer too and they do so quite often, if they are willing to bring the process to a close with a specific settlement amount. So the making of an offer is not in any way limited to a specific party and either can make one to the other at any time before the final decision is made.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok thank you, ***** ***** being supported financially by legal home insurance. now if the respondents make unreasonable offer than can my solicitor or legal insurance force me to accept the offer ?

Hi there, thank you for your further queries, which I will be happy to answer. That is potentially possible, or they could refuse to cover you any further. It is all down to what they consider is a reasonable offer, based on the strengths and weaknesses of your case.

If they believe an offer is reasonable in the circumstances even if you disagree, they could ask you to accept it or if you do not and proceed further, they may cease their involvement

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Ben, but for example my SOL is made by the solicitor for 7 million , and i get an offer of example 900,000 for respondents , than can my solcitor say its reasonable offer although he prepared my SOL for 7 mn ?

The SOL will usually be trying to claim the maximum possible which often may not be realistic. That, together with your prospects of success, will determine what is reasonable and what is not

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok, but what about patient safety issues, like for example there could be few doctors referred to organisation for prosecution, so do you think still soclitor and insurance firm can force to drop our case and accept the amount ?

You cannot be forced to accept it – in the end, you are the ones who makes the final decision, but as mentioned your cover may be affected as a result

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you very much

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dear Ben, So if my solicitor comes to me and forces me to accept the offer, what are the grounds /tips i can say that this is not a reasonable offer, and i can further explain to my insurance.

That depends entirely on the reasons why they believe it is reasonable and why you do not, but a lot of that would depend on the facts of the case, particularly the strengths and weaknesses and your chances of success.

Unfortunately, the rules I work under do not allow me to discuss your chances of success in court. When solicitors determine these, we would conduct a formal case analysis and take the full details and evidence that are available into consideration. On this site we deal with very limited information in a Q&A format, so inevitably certain details and evidence will be missed. Therefore, if we discussed prospects of success based on this limited information alone, we could end up giving misguided advice and prompt you into either making a claim or not making one, when in reality we may have advised the opposite had we known the full details. That is why we are only limited to discussing the legal position and your options, without actually commenting on how good or bad a case you have. Hope this explains things for you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How much do you charge for formal case analysis?

Sorry as mentioned above we cannot do that as we are just a basic chat service, you need to formally instruct a lawyer to do it