MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Applying g for pension credits, Oldham Manchester, Received

Customer Question

Applying g for pension credits
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oldham Manchester
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Received my letter for state pension amount
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 6 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?

Can you provide any further background information?

Without further information, I will have to apply a general answer, you can start your claim 4 months before you reach State Pension age.

In practice most people apply by the phoning the Pension Credit claim line on 0800 99 1234 and they can fill in the application for you over the phone

Pension Credit comes in 2 parts, guarantee credit and savings credit.

Guarantee credit tops up your weekly income and savings credit is extra money if you've got some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension.