How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75163
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I've recently been released from hospital after battling

Customer Question

Hi I've recently been released from hospital after battling covid 19 and been told i could be off work for as long as 6 months due to severe lung damage. This means no income on my behalf and not being able to pay bills. How do i go about dealing with these. Many thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Weston Super Mare
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None i only got home from hospital at 9pm last nigjt.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Have you considered benefits?  Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I haven't no
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm not paying anymore i don't have the money to be paying out
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can i request a call from you?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What's happening?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Please be reminded that this is not an instant service as mentioned in my original response.

If you have no further income from work, no insurance to cover loss of earnings and still need an income, you may have to consider benefits.

What Government benefits a person is entitled to will very much depend on their personal circumstances and there are various factors which are taken into consideration. As all of these interplay with each other in various ways to determine their eligibility, it is best to go through an online benefits calculator, which would take all relevant factors into consideration.

The most commonly used calculators are the following:

The following details wilk be required to get an answer through these:

- savings

- income, including your partner’s

- existing benefits and pensions (including anyone living with you)

- outgoings (such as rent, mortgage, childcare payments)

- council tax bill

Once the results have been determined, there will be details on what may be claimed and how.

The alternative is to approach your local JobCentre Plus, which can discuss benefits with you and what the options are:

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, following my main response above, I just wanted to check that everything was clear. If you have any further queries about this issue, you can reply to me at any time on this portal and I will be happy to help. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been resolved to your satisfaction and your original question has been dealt with. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.