How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 164
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I would like to transfer a piece of land onto our limited

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I would like to transfer a piece of land onto our limited company. The land is on a separate title. A strip of land from our garden is to be added to the land plus limited company. This is for developing the land with the strip of garden.Thanks Remy
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, not at the moment, however making enquiries.
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Croydon
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The strips of land is part of our residential mortgage, so we would ned a deed of variation/consent from them, We have taken out a secured bridging finance against our residential property, hence we would need consent from the lenders.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 18 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 18 days ago.

We are a Q &A site and only provide general advice. You would need to instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf in transferring the plot into the company name. Your lender may have their own panel of solicitors who can act for you so its best to make enquiries with them. Please also be aware with a transfer to a company name there would be stamp duty land tax payable.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am aware of the SDLT factor... however I thought I'll be put through to a solicitor who would take on the matter. However this is not the case!
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 18 days ago.

Sorry we do not offer legal representation. Do try speaking with your lender to see if they can recommend a solicitor.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, I do not need more advise however I am looking for someone who would take on this matter & represent us.