How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3087
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Ellen. I am an architect. We completed a project for a

This answer was rated:

Hi Ellen. I am an architect. We completed a project for a private client 2 years ago. Within our appointment, we have written that the client must grant reasonable access for us to take photographs. We are being now continually ignored on this, so wondering how best to engage some legal help to resolve the matter. Many thanks
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Phone calls, texts, emails over the last couple of months- basically they hang up, or just don't answer - now just sent an email advising that if we continue to be ignored we will engage legal. There is a deadline of 2 yrs written onto the contract (from the date of completion of the project 13/09/19) approaching within which they must grant reasonable access. Pandemic has taken up a lot of this time which is why we are at the deadline.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's a key portfolio project for us - we invested a lot of additional time, so it is important to us to have a record of the project. They were difficult clients, and it was a difficult project, but there is no articulation why they are ignoring us now.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Vineet - no problem - I will await your response. Thanks. Al

Hi there,

You can apply to court for a civil injunction , enforcing the contract, to gain access to the relevant project.

Before you approach the court , you need to send a cease and desist letter to this client to warn them of your intentions unless they stop (and give them 7 days to stop their conduct) giving you access .

That letter may well be enough to stop the conduct - as an injunction is a serious legal remedy.

Assuming they continue, you will need to complete the application for the injunction.

Kindly click below for the form you need for filling injunction-

The application must state what order the applicant is seeking, the reasons why the applicant is seeking the order, supported by evidence. This will usually be in the form of a witness statement or affidavit including all material facts of which the Court should be made aware, and attaching relevant documents.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That's great. Thanks Vineet

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you