Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Had an offer for termination, which i wish to take, need a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: had an offer for termination, which i wish to take , need a letter signed for legal representation can you help , with this
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: today I received the offer and read , happy with the offer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, should be easy , just need them to say i agree with the contract
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Ben, Sure
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

What is the termination offer for?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK so i have been on extened leave from May and due to go back next May , but been offered a deal to leave
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i have the offer and document , just need a section signed by legal rep to say i agree, which i do
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can add document here
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
has full offer and section that needs to be signed
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
page 17 -18
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

OK let me review the document and I will get back to you as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. What you have been issued with is a settlement agreement. For a settlement agreement to be legally binding, the affected employee must formally instruct a solicitor, who will then go through the contents of the agreement, discuss each clause and provide formal legal advice on what is being agreed to by accepting the terms of the agreement.

Unfortunately, we cannot do that for you as we are just an online chat service and we do not formally represent our customers. Therefore, you should approach a local employment solicitor to do this. This is relatively standard work and most employment solicitors will be able to do this for you, subject to having capacity to see you in time. To find local employment lawyers please take a look here:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=False

Select ‘Employment’ from the drop-down menu and input your postcode and then you will get a list of qualified lawyers who cover employment law and you can approach them to see if they can do this work for you. The standard costs are several hundred pounds and it is also standard practice for employers to pay a contribution towards these costs, although it is not legally mandatory.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks for your help, it has been helpful.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best