How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 145
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I was divorced in February 2020 in Wales although I have

This answer was rated:

I was divorced in February 2020 in Wales although I have been residing here in Ireland since 2008.
The financial settlement was ruled by Central Family court in London in July 2021.
I am questioning the validity of divorce and especially the validity of the English court decision regarding the financial settlement.Could you please give me advise on it,
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes, I did in the UK, but here in Ireland.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: As Isaid I live in Rep. of Ireland,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing at present

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note the following:

My replies will be in writing. I may not respond right away as i may be away from my desk but will endeavour to get back to you as soon as i am able to.

The website generates pop up requests for call requests. These can be accepted or rejected by either of us at any time. If you opt in for a call request this will be subject to additional charges from the website.

If i am required to peruse any documentation and provide advice on the same this will also be subject to additional charges which i will inform you of appropriately.

We are legal experts and provide general advice on your enquires. We do not offer legal representation, nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider the following:

CItizens advice bureau -;

Find a solicitor -;

Direct access-

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

In which sense do you seek to challenge the validity of the ruling? on the basis that it was made in the UK court and not Ireland, or were you not aware of the proceedings?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
On the base that was made in U.K. ant not in Ireland where I have been residing
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I wish continue to continue by text or email

In respect of a divorce this can be petitioned by the petitioner if they are habitually resident in the UK, which they were.

As i have not heard any further i am required to close this thread. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Inderdeep and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you