james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Been accused of abh(domestic) and placed on court bail with

Customer Question

Hi, been accused of abh(domestic) and placed on court bail with tag that has no go zone and curfew. I don't understand the why I have the curfew and can't find any thing online explaining.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wolverhampton uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I don't understand your question
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

what time did the alleged offence take place.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

The reason for the tag, curfew and no go area is for the protection of the victim and members of the public. It is to restrict your movements whilst on bail so the the police know where you are during those hours.

The alternative is to be remanded in custody in prison pending any trial.

So the  conditions are the lesser of two evils and better than being remanded I. Prison.

I hope this answers the question.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Alleged offence is said to be between 6pm and 8pm
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Curfew is 8pm to 6am but was offered additional work as it comes in throughout the night as not sleeping and it occupies my mind instead of me twisting my head while stuck In house.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have no previous. And no intention to visit person and am actually thankful for tag as its made sure I won't go see her.. Just curfew matter?

Then if you have the opportunity of night work, you can have your solicitor make a bail variation application to change the conditions.