Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Can a tourist get a dependent? uk, none, none

Customer Question

Can a tourist get a dependent ?
JA: Where is the tourist? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps has the tourist taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: none
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

If phone call is required then feel free to request a Phone call, which will be accepted by any of the available experts. If you opt in for a call request this will be subject to additional charges.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

A standard Visitor visa can not be switched into any other category from within the UK.

So, the tourist would have to apply from their home country for the dependent visa for the UK

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.