Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My parents were due to have holiday in August they paided

Customer Question

My parents were due to have holiday in August they paided for it and were unable to go due to health conditions they have been trying to contact this company for a refund
JA: Where are your parents? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: They are at home
JA: What steps have your parents taken so far?
Customer: Made phone calls been on there hours no answer emails no answer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have booking information as well
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

How did they pay for the holiday? and what is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They paid on visa card
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

OK thanks, ***** ***** is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with general information, which hopefully will still be useful to you. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues they have experienced in their situation.

Assuming it was their decision not to travel, rather than the company cancelling the holiday, they may not have been due a refund, unfortunately. They could have only cancelled and expected a refund if the booking terms and conditions allowed that. If they had the contractual right to cancel for a refund and they did so within the specified time limits, they can expect a refund as per the terms. However, if they did not have the right to cancel and they failed to go due to a decision made by them (even if it was due to ill health), the company would not be liable to refund them.

That is where travel insurance becomes important as it may be the only way in which they could potentially recoup some of the costs of the holiday. If they did not have adequate travel insurance in place, I am afraid there is a real risk that they could lose that money.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would rather talk to someone on phone as don't do much online will get back to you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Ok you can try and make a phone call request at any time