How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3087
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I need help for my daughter. She is a student ‘ she rent

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need help for my daughter . She is a student ‘ she rent flat from agency with two colleagues. im her guarantor She sign a contract and pay a deposit my daughter now sed don’t want move there because she can study from home she find replacement for her self for her room bud the two colleagues not agree and And don’t let her move and change the tenant for new instead my daughter We don’t why They don’t want agree for new tenants my daughter is on high stress what we can do ? I want help my daughter Please let me know if is any chance cancel a contract with agent or . I not understand why two girls pushing my daughter leave there pay monay . The worse think my daughter find someone instead her to leave there . And they not let her even agency agree for replacement
JA: The deposit goes in a sort of escrow account showing the Lawyer that you are committed to pay if you are happy with their service. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Heatfield close to London Hertfordshire The friends push my daughter leave there not let her to replace for another girl
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My daughter talk with two girls to ask for viewing flat for new girl they sed no now because we haven’t time They don’t want. My daughter to go out .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I bud my daughter don’t want leave with them She wants study from home
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,

Your daughter would have to surrender the tenancy . She can surrender her tenancy in favour of a new replacement tenant who will be taking her place in the rented accommodation.

It is for the Landlord or agents to decide on the suitability of the new replacement tenant and not the joint tenants.

So, your daughter need to approach the Landlord/Agents to find a replacement tenant and surrender your tenancy in the favour of the new tenant.

In a surrender of tenancy, the tenant leaving would be liable for rent payments till the tenancy is taken over by the new replacement tenant.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.