Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a freehold property where the, I have a leasehold on

Customer Question

I have a freehold property where the
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have a leasehold on my property and for two years had solititors asking the landlord to make the property free of dampness, and renew the roof as he is in breach of my lease, I had to move out as the ceilings are on the floor and is unliveable, the freeholder never responds to a number of letters sent to him by two solititors over the two years, I went to my property to see how bad it has got and to take more photos, THATS when I found out that a letting agent unknown to me had done a deal with the freeholder to repair damage without my permission, and is letting of my property to tenants at £900 a month. Enter was by drilling out my lock and replacing with his own lock and the agent has refused me the key to my property, the agent started renting it from the 17th of March this year and the same tenants are still paying the rent to the agent.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have seen the agent who refuse to return my property back to me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the freeholder never responds to any letters or phone calls and when I went to see the letting agent with my daughter and granddaughter he said to my granddaughter who was pointing out how wrong it was taking my property from me the the agent threaten he by saying he would hit her.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Can you clarify if you rent or own this property?

and if owned there are now tenants in the property?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I own the property on lease with a further 60 years to run, the letting agent has refused to give me their names
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I cannot call you as I deaf.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you their about between 4pm to 7pm
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Just let me get these facts right because I find them unbelievable.  Astonishing.

So you are saying that you are the leaseholder of the property which you lived in cost the freehold landlord would not do repairs you were forced to move out.

Then, without so much as by your lever without your knowledge, the agent has broken into the property by drilling out your lock and installed tenants?

Is that it?

What have you had to do with the agents before this?

What you have said, this is a matter for the police because the occupiers commit a criminal offence by squatting in residential property and the agent to its criminal damage by damaging the lock.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The only time that I met the agent was when after the tenants moved in.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 13 days ago.

That doesn’t answer my question.  Can you please reply to my previous post in full please?