Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I'm currently pursuing a small courts claim But I'm unsure

Hi I'm currently pursuing a small courts claim But I'm unsure if the judge will rule in my favour or even if I have a case under UK law
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No not yet UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Submitted a county court claim
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I can explain further in detail
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please see below the letter I sent to the defendants on 7th June 2021 in the hope the situation would get resolved, however I recieved no response.Dear Sir or madamI entered into an agreement with your company on 19th May 2020. At the time of purchase I was advised by your representative Edmund Yeboah that the service would include entry into a world-class reputable medical school namely Dnipro Medical Institute of Alternative and Non-alternative Medicine.I paid an initial deposit of £2500 on 18th June 2020 followed by a second payment of £2500 on 17th August 2020, both payments would contribute towards the 1st year total fee of £9300. A balance of £4300 was remaining.After paying the £5000 and conducting further research i have found out this university education standard is very poor and it is rife with corruption, not the kind of medical education i envisaged when I signed up.I informed Edmund on the 3rd of september i no longer want to attend dnipro medical institute, around 2 weeks before the start of term, and want a refund. He stated he would not be able to issue a refund as it costs the university and agency exactly £5000 to process my paperwork! I understand if medlink or the university was to take some of the £5000 as it has done some paperwork, however the full £5000 is absurd as I have not set foot inside the university nor have I used any of their resources.On inspecting the contract, in clause B.1 it mentions the, initial deposit is equal to £2500, and clause E mentions, Under any circumstances, after the initial deposit has been received, if
the Client withdraws from the application process, the Agency will not refund the initial deposit, however this does not preclude the possibility of the second payment of £2500 - paid on 17th August 2020, being refunded as it only talks about the initial deposit.Therefore i would like to request a refund of £2500 which is very reasonable given the above points.
I have tried to resolve this previously over the last few months, I look forward to your response within the 14 day deadline in order to resolve this matter amicably. If I do not receive a response i will be forced to refer this matter to a claims court.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What is the best time to call you? Thank you

I am free until 4pm today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi please could you send the points to make in court and which relevant laws they fall under, at your earliest convenience. Thank you

Your claim is in breach of contract and breach of the sale and supply of goods and services legislation against Medlink.   The Defendant was under a duty in contract law and statute to provide you with a product and service that was fit for purpose, of reasonably satisfactory quality and matched the description at the point of sale.   Your damages will be a refund on the purchase price, plus additional costs of rectifying their defective work through another supplier.

A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track.   However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”).  The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.