Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I pay fiance on my car but my wife is on the log book who is

Customer Question

I pay fiance on my car but my wife is on the log book who is the real owner
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK cumbria
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Phoned police and they said it Was a civil matter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The key was given to her without my permission
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

The registered keeper noted on the DVLA document is presumed to be the owner of the vehicle. However if there is a written agreement between you and your wife which suggests otherwise then there is argument that your wife is not the true owner of the vehicle.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
to get this clear I'm paying the fiance and have 8 payments left and the other party is driving about in it with her name on the log book .who has rightfully ownership of the vehicle because if it me I want it back if its her it can come off the divorce settlement ie 14 k halve of what it's worth ???

If you have evidence that the vehicle was not a gift an it was always yours then you have ground to seek possession of the vehicle.