How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3447
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I have been refused my claim for PIP which was DLA and I was

Customer Question

I have been refused my claim for PIP which was DLA and I was getting PIP for a 4year period, what is the best thing to do especially when my circumstances have deteriorated?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Barnet, Hertfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had to go all the way to tribunal 4 years ago and I filled out the form at the end of the term and was given the phone call and I had to chase it after the clerk said that he would call me back because I was out of breathe carrying shopping. He said 15 minutes and never did. Once I got to talk with someone the reply was that I was unsuccessful. I challenged the decision and was told, again, that I would get called back within 10 weeks. That was almost 4 months ago and I am struggling. My ESA is £70 less each week and I have not received any PIP that was £235 per month plus the £70/ week. The cost of the loss has put me in debt and it amounts to around £5000
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a very severe physical condition worsening that is an inflammation of the joints, I have bipolar disorder, and asthma. Since my reclaim I also have a worsening hernia
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear about this matter.  Unfortunately, the process will still be the same you will require to put in a mandatory reconsideration, then appeal at a tribunal if this is not upheld.

However, the best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau.  They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter.  If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you.  The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP.  This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment.  If you application is rejected then the CSA can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.