james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Akota, can police impound my vehicle sitting in front of my

Customer Question

akota, can police impound my vehicle sitting in front of my storage shed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ND
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contact impound they want 500 and police said they can impound it and I have to pay
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Has any reason been given for the vehicle being impounded?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
nope,

Then I would enquire with the police as to the reason for the car being impounded. It could have been an error and they would be liable to pay for release.

If it was seen as abandoned or causing obstruction, or in public area uninsured or no tax then all reasons to be impounded.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.