MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

A university gave me an offer of certificate with different

Customer Question

A university gave me an offer of certificate with different conditions written on it, now they are rejecting my offer after I have met all the conditions because of one condition they did not put on my certificate of offer.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK Edinburgh
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just contacted them and told them that there was nothing of that sort written on my certificate of offer so they should not reject me in the last minute
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Before I got the certificate of offer, I had a video call with my supervisor. He did mention that one of my conditions is x. But this x is not mentioned on my certificate of offer and I just forgot about it because all I thought was I had to follow whatever was written on the official piece of paper.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Hello I am happy to help this evening.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello, could you please kindly help me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, chat would be fine. My main question is, the fact that condition x is not written on the certificate of offer, but was said once by my supervisor. Does rejecting me based on me not meeting condition x valid? Isn't anything written on the official certificate of offer what matters the most?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello, are you here?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Martin?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

It has been known for universities to revoke an unconditional offer prior to a student attending, however, universities tend not to do this. Some universities will stipulate that the offer is only conditional if you make them your firm choice. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before you accept any offers.

Have you got a copy of the offer?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

It’s been known for universities to revoke an unconditional offer prior to a student attending, but it’s not very common.

Sometimes, a university may change its entry requirements or their UCAS tariff points, which may invalidate a student’s entry. In this case, we recommend that you chase this up. Though students can change their unconditional offers, you should be guaranteed a place, it’s best to check with your university.

Whether you applied through the university directly or you have a UCAS unconditional offer, the offer has the same rules, regardless of where it came from.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Apologies for the delay. They question was locked for some time.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

I would be recommended to use the phone and call University and speak with either the admissions office or the registrar’s office.

In parallel with calling and phone calls. Use e-mail as a back-up to your conversations to confirm the call and what has been said.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Please let me know if I can help any further.