Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have been scammed for £21,914.00 by a 'Trading Company' in

Customer Question

I have been scammed for £21,914.00 by a 'Trading Company ' in Cyprus who are still licenced by CYTEC. I have put in a claim through the Cyprus Ombudsman in March 2021 , and am still awaiting the outcome . During this period I have received an offer from the Company of 5,000.00 euros
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: to go away . I have refusd the offer , and believe I would have a cast iron case in law. However I have once before in expensive litigation and would rather not follow that path.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am a U.K. citizen living in the U.K.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have also put a claim in to the Uk Ombudsman against HSBC wsho released the funds . They are so overwhelmed with claims that thy have not been able to commence investigtaions
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Are you asking if you will get your money back?

how did you get involved in first place?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

You say that you were scammed and that you are referred the matter to the Ombudsman.  However you then say that you received an offer from the Company of EUR5000.

That is not consistent with the scam because scam companies do not usually make any offers.  They just disappear into the distance.

If the company has money then you can take them to court although of this money is coming via the compensation scheme I can’t see why you shouldn’t get the majority of what you were defrauded of