james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My father recently passed away and myself and my sisters are

Customer Question

My father recently passed away and myself and my sisters are executors to his last will and testament, no other beneficiaries or legacies in the will, all dads estate was to be divided equally. My sister said dad made her promise to give her siblings monies outstanding to them of which I was not present when this was said but after dads passing in front of the solicitor dealing with dads estate this was said. The solicitor said a pro former would be drawn up with us both to sign. The funds from the estate have been released and to my
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Disgust no profiteer had been signed by me to ok the monies to my sisters children but yet the solicitor had paid it. Is this correct?
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: West Yorkshire dngland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i just have dads last will and testamony
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry for delay system errors my end.

The will is the most important document as that dictates what and who benefits from the will.

Any verbal gifts are purely wishes and the executors can ignore that.

However, if the siblings of your sister were owed money, You do say money outstanding to them, then that is not a gift but a debt of the estate that would need to be settled and your consent to settle the debt is not required. All debts are settled before beneficiaries receive anything from the estate.

On that basis the solicitors were acting correctly.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.