How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2987
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I am on 10 year visa route plan, I am at spouse visa It's

This answer was rated:

Hi I am on 10 year visa route plan
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am at spouse visa It's being 5 year I am living here.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Yea I wanted to apply ILR
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: But problem last time home office put me on 10 year route just because I applied late for visa extension. I was almost 2 months late.There was some confusion thats y it happened

Hi, Welcome to JA

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi This is nigar
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I m ok on chat

If you are on the 10 year route now and previously on 5 years. You can switch to 5 years route at at any time if you can meet the 5 years requirements. This would then save you time in getting to ILR.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Since 3 year I am london ...when I came in 2016 so 3 4 times I went to dubai because my husband was working there.but in 2017 we had moved here in uk

I see

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Last year in 2019 I had to applied my 2.5 year extension in June but I forgot then we applied in August. I had received my brp card in December 2019
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But that time my husband didn't tell me I was moved to in 10 year route.

If you application is late unfortunately it will go onto the 10 year route. However, you can apply back to the 5 yea route

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I spoke him he told me that our financial requirement is meet as home office wanted but I don't know they might be moved bcuz we applied late
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is that possible I moved to 5 year route

Yes that is correct

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My brp expired next year in June.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What I can do and my husband both do work.we don't take benefits

You can save this time and switch

Apply with form FLR M and you can save this time

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
do I need to wait till next year or I can make request earlier

You can submit the application. You must apply online

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Before my brp card expire ?can I submit application or should I wait

You can apply before BRP expires

If you have any more question (s) - please open up a new post/question - mark for Lawyer21!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's perfect. If they switch me at 5 year route when I ll be eligible to apply ILR
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please last question

You must complete 5 years as a Spouse to apply for ILR