MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Pour neighbours are applying fir planning permission on

Hi pour neighbours are applying fir planning permission on adjoining semi to us. It’s single storey , the full width of the house and will project 6 m from the original building line. I’m concerned re
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Sorry ...cont’d . A. We think it’s out of proportion ( but the planning officer doesn’t think so ....I spoke to her ) . B. I’m concerned re run off rainwater . There are no drainage plans . The design just shows diwnpipes onto the patio. They will also be building over a sewer ( which I’m aware they need permission from Thames Water . This extension will be right up to our boundary. I intend to object but don’t hold out much hope as we overheard the planning officer say to them that they will sort out any issues they have !!,, Do you think it’s worth using a solicitor to do an objection .
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Sevenoaks , ref 21/02720 we wil basically be looking at a brick wall that will be 65 cm above the fence line plus sloping roof ( albeit away from us ) . The plans cunningly make it look flush with our 3 m extension. I have no faith in the impartiality or ability of the planning officer as she told me they wouldn’t need a party wall agreement ......oh yes they do !
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry my names Andrew we are at 14 extension is 16 Pinewood .

Hello. How are you? I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi , sorry about the typos , yes our lovely neighbours didn’t consult us on this , we asked to speak to them tomorrow , hence this enquiry.
I was going to object on grounds of the change of aspect from our patio but also have concerns re drainage as our gardens slope towards the houses. Our patio has flooded previously and we had to bale it out before it went into the airbricks. The planning officer told me that’s not a planning issue . Is that correct? I’ve found plenty of building regs on it but it all appears advisory only.
I spoke to a light surveyor and he viewed the plans and my photos and stated we wouldn't have a case even though it transgresses the 45 degree rule. I’m not going to tell the neighbours I’m objecting yet But I fully intend to ......but is it worth it ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I get free legal through my insurance so not going to pay any extra. Just a brief opinion from yourself would be beneficial please .

Yes you are correct. I would dispute on the basis of drainage issues and sewerage access. If it meets your boundary you are correct they will need a party wall boundary.
You may also wish to consider whether it encroaches your right to light.
I would recommend instructing a local solicitor. Would you like me to send details on how to locate one in your locality?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to a light surveyor and sent docs but he felt we didn’t have a case . I can make enquiries locally re suitable solicitor. . Thanks for your advice .

No problem. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in future.