Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have a judgement against me and need to complete a N244,

I have a judgement against me and need to complete a N244
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Woking
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: draft
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

What would you like to know about the n244 application process?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I think I understand the process, what I am after is some support in a submission
I have a draft outline but am not sure of the quality and if it hits the right spot to enable judge to agree to set aside

Documents review is a premium service which comes at an extra costs are you prepared to continue.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It not just about document completion, the case is relatively complicated and before discussing the documents I wish to understand the legalities of the case. Does the law firm who set the judgement have the legal right to the money
if not then I move on

In most circumstances you will have to pay costs to the law firm if you win or lose the application in question.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Really, so even if I was right and not liable for the charge I would have to pay the legal firms cost
are u sure

Yes I am sure in most circumstances the party seeking to set aside the application will pay the law firms costs win or lose.

Therefore setting aside an application should be considered carefully and ensure its worth doing.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Athony are u are later today for a chat ref my case

Yes, what time is best for you?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Free now
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Anthony looks like it was a hearing to set aside which failed, would it possible to see what doc I need to complete to set aside or appeal this decision given I didn’t attend through not fault of my own

Given the complexity surrounding the procedural aspect which involves appealing the case management decision I suggest you instruct a local solicitor to assist you.

You can find one using the link below.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/