Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need some advice about trademark enfingement on etsy, I'm

I need some advice about trademark enfingement on etsy
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in the UK the complaint has been filed in the US
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It seems they think my etsy shop was part of a Chinese counterfeit site but I'm a home crafter who had a few items in my shop that are sold across etsy
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There is a case number ***** legal proceedings but I don't know if I need to respond. There was a similar case in May that was dismissed because it was out of their jurisdiction. I was not aware I could not use fabric I had paid for to make products as etsy allows these listings and there are still hundreds of them on the site. I was given no warning or opportunity to remove the listings. Which there were only a few of. Most of the items I was selling were my own designs using non branded fabric so I don't understand how they're claiming that my shop and products are amongst hundreds of others with identical layouts. That's just not the case, they seem to be after China based companies who are mass producing counterfeit products which I obviously have nothing to do with.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do need an answer even if it's general advice on what is the most likely outcome in such cases

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Sorry so have you been sent an email or a letter concerning these matters? If so who from?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's from a law firm based in illinois USA, there are 380 etsy shops listed in the case. They haven't addressed me by name
Ok in this case I don’t think you need to respond, they have not addressed you by name, it’s in a different country and it’s concerning something you have not been involved with so just ignore it. I trust this assists
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you that is reassuring and ties in with what I have read online over the last few days. Thank you for responding.
Happy to help take care