INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a pre settled status as EU citizen and I have been

Customer Question

Hello, I have a pre settled status as EU citizen and I have been out of UK from January to August. My pre settlement status expires on Dec 2025. I will not have 5 continuous years of residence in UK by then, so I may risk leaving the country.Is it possible to stay in UK if I start studying ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have only applied for pre settled status on Dec 2020 and from Aug 2021 I live in UK. My passport is Bulgarian.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I lived in Norway until Aug 2021 for 7 years
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
just to clarify my question. I mean if I start studying for example on 2025 until 2026 , then can I apply for settled status?
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

If you have pre-settled status, you can spend up to 2 years in a row outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man without losing your status. You will need to maintain your continuous residence if you want to qualify for settled status.

I hope this helps if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have been out of UK for 8 months in a row in 2021. Which way can I maintain the residence afterwards, the presettle status ends on 17.12 .2021
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

That is fine, you can stay out of the UK for upto 2 years.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have been in UK in December 2020 and flew to Norway on 13. Dec 2020. I came back to UK on 22 May 2021 and stood less the 24 hours and left UK again. I came to UK on 13 August 2021 . I have pre settled status and I want my husband with an albanian passport to join me and my 6 years old daughter here in UK. I am renting a house in London now. My husband has to proof my continuous residence in UK in order to get family permit visa. My question is , given the above, does it consider that I have a continuous residence in UK?
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

I would need to go through your immigration history in detail and am unable to comment without checking your travel history with UKBA.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi again, is there any thing required by me in order to check my travel history with UKBA?
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

You would need to carry out a Subject Access Request with the Home Office and obtain a copy f your file.  Once you have this, you will then be able to check the number of days you have been in and out of the UK.

I hope this helps.