How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

Jim, I applied for my pension in July this year to surrender

This answer was rated:

Hi Jim
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I applied for my pension in July this year to surrender my pension on my 60th birthday, 2/9/61. I have made phone calls to the West Midland Pension Fund on four occasions asking for an update as I have had nothing in writing, the call on the 26th August I was informed that my application woukd be escalated to priority. I've phone this morning to be informed that the calculation I received on line is wrong and this was discovered in August, I have now to wait and receive a letter next week and I an
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Am required to fill the form in again, then send back and wait for the offer letter which I'm not happy about, I feel they should have contacted me in August with my new calculation, I feel its unfair that I may have to wait 6 weeks now for possible payment when I applied originally in July, thanks Elizabeth
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I'm at work so can't text now

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, have you raised a complaint to the West Midland Pension Fund?

Can you provide some further information, so that I can best advise you?

Unfortunately without further information I will have to provide a general answer.
My first piece of advise would be to raise a complaint, if you have not received an adequate response then I would contact the pensions ombudsman. You can reach them here: Making a complaint | The Pensions Ombudsman (

They will look into the matter and make a decision and this may include compensation for you.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you and sorry I haven't responded sooner as I have been extremely busy at work. I have raised a complaint which they have said it could take up to 20 days for a reply, I will wait and see what they say.
Thank yiu for responding
That’s Is understandable, I am glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best with your matter.
MatthewM1117 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you