Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We paid 14 to premier bathrooms. we paid 14k to premier

Customer Question

We paid 14 to premier bathrooms.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: we paid 14k to premier bathrooms.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the day before the installation they rang to say the shower screen hadn’t arrived, but would be delivered on the 14 th August to our house, did we still want to go ahead with the installation, we said yes.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the long and the short of it is we still don’t have a shower screen and the lady at Premier bathrooms has stated that since the screen is coming direct from the manufacturer it’s now nothing to do with them i don’t think this is right, we had a contract with them to fit the bathroom, and I think, having paid a lot of money they are responsible for chasing this up.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

What is your specific question in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Ben.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We have had numerous conversations and sent emails with Pauline at Premier Bathrooms who is pretty hostile I have to say.
At one point we went through to the complaints department who informed us there was nothing he could do other than put a post it note on her screen.She has stated that because the shower screen is coming directly from the manufacture and will be delivered here, there is nothing more she can do.We had a contract with them to fit a complete bathroom so how is not their responsibility to chase this up.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

I agree that as the contract you had was with Premier, rather than the manufacturer, it is the seller’s responsibility to ensure that this issue is resolved. Therefore, it is up to them to chase the manufacturer on your behalf especially as you had no contract with the manufacturer yourself.

In the end, it all depends on whether this is delayed beyond what would be considered reasonable, you van eventually consider cancelling that part and asking for a refund and potentially sourcing it yourself elsewhere. If it has delayed the rest of the works, you may even be able to get some extra compensation, in the form of a discount for the remaining work, as a result of the inconvenience caused.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.