How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19638
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A council has operated under a torte of misfeasance. The

Customer Question

A council has operated under a torte of misfeasance. The failed to respond to a referral from a judge for 2 whole months. When they realised, they operated deliberately to save their own careers from scrutiny rather than to keep a child safe. I have proof of them pushing the case onto the complaints proccess at their own direction. I want to bring a case. When looked at the case is extremely serious and would be high profile eg far worse than harringey on the link provided because there was malicious intent to harm from and malicious intent not to save a child from harm. I have spent 4 years working out what the council have done
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cheshire East
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: A sham Stage 2 Report and denial of access to the full complaints process. It was the wrong complaints process as agreed by the ombudsman I even have their written words forcing the complaint onto the wrong complaints process They have deliberately operated not to protect a child from harm and I can prove it Every stage of what should have been done to protect a child from harm was not done. Every policy was broken in order to do it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The case is massive. There are many facets to it. I know what I am talking about. I have done four years of homework
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

In that case you can bring a civil claim for damages.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not ed legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I need clarification. Each time I ask a solicitor for help they say no because it is a legal loop hole in child protection cases. It is a specialised area of law. I am concerned that I will never get legal representation and I need help even to ask for a solicitor. I do not know what words to use. Inside this case is a criminal case which I can prove. One social worker has been taken to a fitness to practice hearing. Even that process is bent because their governing body, Social Work England, does not refer to the police. I am denied access to the police each time I try despite Social Work England telling me to report to the police. I do not know what words to use to get a solicitor to help me. It is not help with a child protection case or outcome as people assume it is a torte of misfeasance, malicious intent in order to save the council from scrutiny at the expense of the safety of child. The council knew they were doing it and I have the proof. What I need is the correct words to use to ensure that a solicitor will listen to me. I do not know what words to use to make the police open an investigation into serious misconduct, that was criminal behaviour at the council. For example, they took out my career but have no paper trail and have stated so in writing. There are many different aspects to the case
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

I think you have a decent claim - you should issue a claim. I hope that helps.