james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Okay so basically: as my tenancy started in 2009, and has

Okay so basically: as my tenancy started in 2009, and has been a periodic tenancy since 2010. All my landlord needs to do is serve the Section 21 with a minimum of 4 months notice.Everything else does not apply? Is my understanding correct?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes, if you had an original fixed period tenancy and that has become a periodic tenancy, then correct, the landlord would need to serve a s.21 notice giving you the required notice period.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi James, thank you.

Your welcome.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi James, even though my current tenancy is contractual periodic tenancy, my landlord wants me to sign an agreement. (no idea why!!). then serve the S21. Can I sign a backdated agreement for example starting July?

The agreement should be signed and dated using the date you sing it.