How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 24623
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Need an answer by divorce solicitor for financials, Croydon,

This answer was rated:

need an answer by divorce solicitor for financials
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Croydon, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well i havent taken any steps yet. we can not reach an agreement. she asking for cash money now threatening to not let me see my son
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: n no

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Before i can fully assist you I need to know the following -

how long were you together and married in total?

is there a mortgaged property? if so in who's name mortgage?

and how is your son and what is she demanding from you?

Stuart J and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. We have been only 4 years together and about 3 years married. She is here in UK Resident permit and Im a British CItizen. We have a son together and he is 18 months only. I sold the house I had from previous marriage (we were staying there) and I have about 100k profit from that. After divorce I got her an appartment and offered her to pay for 2 years with all bills, phone etc and plus £500 to give her monthly. At first she did not want but at the end she accepted that. Now she is asking for cash money as she knows that I have made some profit from the sale and threatening to not let me see my son. What she doesnt know is that I am in debt with loans etc over 100k already. Main question for you: Can she really take that money or does that money goes towards me paying the debt first and whatever is in plus side will count as an asset?