plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Can you please tell me where I can read for myself the

Customer Question

Can you please tell me where I can read for myself the Articles of Association of Black Lives Matter. I have previously been told that they are not the sort of organisation to be supported by ourvQueen , as justvannounced
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: google ! You were the nearest thing!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I really only need a link, I suppose. But not very good with computers.
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Good morning.

My name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Articles of association generally form a document that specifies the regulations for a company's operations and defines the company's purpose.

The BLM campaign is a socio-political movement, not a company registered in the UK. It's home on the internet is a website set up in 2013 and you will find a link to this site here:

https://blacklivesmatter.com

I trust that this answers your question?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s the company’s purpose I’m interested in so that should do nicely. Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

My pleasure, happy to help.

Thank you for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Their website seems, to me, to avoid declaring a purpose. Any further suggestions please?
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Hopefully this definition may assist in that case:

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement protesting against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people. While there are specific organizations such as the Black Lives Matter Global Network that label themselves simply as "Black Lives Matter", the Black Lives Matter movement comprises a broad array of people and organizations. The slogan "Black Lives Matter" itself remains untrademarked by any group. The broader movement and its related organizations typically advocate against police violence toward black people as well as for various other policy changes considered to be related to black liberation.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You got a lot more than I did. Are they being coy? Where did your definitions come from ?
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

This was just from researching online. As you can see there is no trademark, no single organisation. It's a socio-political movement, as such it doesn't have a defined purpose written down in one place as there is no single overarching, controlling body.

I hope that clarifies things for you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I had been hoping to be able to read the source material, but I’m much to old to follow you down the “online research” route. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

You could have a look at the link here:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Black-Lives-Matter

As I said, there is no central source of information so all information on the internet is collated by commentators as opposed to the 'organisation' itself.

I hope that helps!