How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2139
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
John is online now

Seat finance have mis financed a vehicle I have had for 5

This answer was rated:

Hello, seat finance have mis financed a vehicle I have had for 5 months. Do I have to raise it as a dispute with them before I can get further help dealing with this big company on my own as I’m certain what they have done is illegal and in breach of trading standards. Now they are treating me as a bad debt case where I will have to fight them with how they have treated me. I have just come off the phone from them and they have raised it as a dispute already!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just rung them to query the amount they are saying they are going to take out of my account next week after not taking any payments for 5 months that I signed for ! The amount doesn’t add up to figures I had agreed with and signed for
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you.

You are correct that a dispute will first need to be made directly with them. Always try to resolve the dispute by explaining your problem and what you want done about it. They have their own internal complaints procedure you should follow.

If they refuse to do what you ask to sort out the problem, ask for a "letter of deadlock" to show you've done all you can to resolve the complaint. If they fail to respond to this final letter within a reasonable period of time (say, 14 days), you can take your complaint to the ombudsman.

You can submit a claim to the Ombudsman by using its online complaint form

If you have questions or would like to speak to someone you can call 0330(###) ###-####or email at***@******.***

Or you can contact them by post:

PO Box 730

The ombudsman will look at the evidence provided by both sides. They might contact you for more information, but there isn’t a hearing, as there is with a court case.

Once the ombudsman has made its decision it will write to you and the company with details of the ‘award’. If the award is in your favour (they agree with your complaint), this will include details of what the company must do to put things right.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.

John and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok so they were telling the truth about that! Thanks for your help. After 5 months of not taking any payments from my account that had been agreed and signed for by me and only just sending me a letter this week stating that they will be taking an amount that doesn’t add up properly - are they in their rights to do this ?
I’m not disputing paying for what I had signed for but this amount doesn’t add up! Someone is ringing me back at1 to brake it down because while I was on the phone they couldn’t make it add up either!

Call completed. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer.