Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I would like to find out how can I get out of the sub

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I would like to find out how can I get out of the sub contractor contract
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are LTD company in that gelps
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello. Sure can
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Why do you want to exit the contract? Please explain your situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The materials and the costs are a lot higher now . This is not revised by our contractor.
The contract itself became financialy not beneficial for our company
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
All the money claimed so far from the contractor has been spent on the materials on its own
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

If you are in a formal contractual agreement with the contractor to complete the works in question and the contract you have in place does not provide for changes to be made to reflect changes in costs etc, and also there is no dedicated cancellation clause, you may be in breach of contract if you were to cancel now without their consent. I appreciate that by continuing you may be working at a loss but that is something which should have been covered in the contract, such as a clause allowing you to change costs/prices or the right to renegotiate them at the very least.

There may still be a chance that the contractor agrees to vary the costs to help you with them but that is up to them. If they do not and you walk away from the contract, then as mentioned they could treat this as a breach of contract and pursue you for losses incurred as a result, such as having to get someone else to finish the job and the difference in costs that this has generated.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.