How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4918
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have been issued with a court date and I cannot get legal

This answer was rated:

I have been issued with a court date and I cannot get legal representative and I am entitled to legal aid, the matter is regarding custody of my children
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I reside in Leamington the court order is from Chester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: There is history of domestic abuse
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need to know what I need to do to maybe get the court to adjourn until I gain legal help

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

When is the hearing set for? Have you been assessed for legal aid already?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The father has given a report which is old news regarding my mental health to court and they had an emergency hearing grating him custody of the children, the court hearing is 15th September in Chester, there has been history of domestic abuse on police record and I was awarded a b12 from criminal injuries from this

You can apply for an adjournment on form C2. You need to make this application as soon as possible, but first you should seek the agreement of the other party (via his solicitor if he has one) as the court are more likely to adjourn if both parties agree. If they don't agree, you need to submit the C2: cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be eligible for fee remission.

With regards ***** ***** a legal aid solicitor, you should go to the link below and fill out your details. The link will ultimately, if you're eligible, either give you an initial phone number to call or arrange for someone to call you to take the first steps of getting a legal aid solicitor.

Alternatively you can try to find one here;

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I get a c2

Can I clarify anything for you about my answer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where do I apply for the c2, I'm eligible for legal aid, this is all so confusing
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I go about submitting the c2 application

You can find your local court here:

However, I suggest you go to the legal aid link I provided above to see if you can get a solicitor under legal aid first.

SASH_Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have managed to find a solicitor who helps with legal aid thank you.

All the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What does this mean please .Hearing to proceed as listed. Respondent can make representations to the Judge on the day if she requires more time’.

You should open new threads with new queries. I will answer this single query for free here.

It means the hearing is going ahead and your application to adjourn failed. You will be able to ask the judge again on the day of the hearing.

All the best.