How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1923
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

My husbands' building company has a financial dispute with

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My husbands' building company has a financial dispute with another building company and we dealt with that though our lawyer. The company didn't reply to our lawyer letter where my husband sent a final account showing that he does't own him any money that he was claiming. sorry i didnt finish
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Now the company -the owner is also Polish , is sending money demand to my home address in Poland using a polish solicitor and saying that they have a right to start a court prosecution against us in Poland. My question is if they have a right to do it in Poland?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We all live in UK, the company is registered in UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am not sure what other information would be helpful to answer my question. Thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry I don’t see your questions when I was typing. We live in London.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

Which country were the services performed?

Does the written contract state a legal jurisdiction: England or Poland?

Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1923
Experience: Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Ed Turner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is JCT contract. The project was done in UK. Those are both Ltd companies registered in UK.