How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8109
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My two ex flat mates who shared a room in my 2 bed flat

Customer Question

My two ex flat mates who shared a room in my 2 bed flat where I am the sole tenant on the contract, left last month but have not paid me the month's £600 rent which they both orally and in written form stated that they would pay to me on both the 20th August and then the 6th September. How can I get the money off them? They are ignoring my messages
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cardiff, Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No formal ones yet, only text reminders and tried calling with no answer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 18 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this. You may file a small claims court claim against them for your money.

You may do so online at

May I help further?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a recent law graduate but how do I do this? One has moved to London and the other to York and I don't have their new addresses.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 17 days ago.

You may use their last known addresses or try and look for their current addresses using tracing agents (which will cost you) or yourself.

All the best