UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My two ex flat mates who shared a room in my 2 bed flat

Customer Question

My two ex flat mates who shared a room in my 2 bed flat where I am the sole tenant on the contract, left last month but have not paid me the month's £600 rent which they both orally and in written form stated that they would pay to me on both the 20th August and then the 6th September. How can I get the money off them? They are ignoring my messages
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cardiff, Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No formal ones yet, only text reminders and tried calling with no answer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 18 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this. You may file a small claims court claim against them for your money.

You may do so online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

May I help further?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a recent law graduate but how do I do this? One has moved to London and the other to York and I don't have their new addresses.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 17 days ago.

You may use their last known addresses or try and look for their current addresses using tracing agents (which will cost you) or yourself.

All the best