How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75138
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have just heard that I lost my age discrimination case at

This answer was rated:

Hi I have just heard that I lost my age discrimination case at an ET. Can I have help to appeal and how much would this cost
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Milton Keynes and I am now retired
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that the judgement appears to be one sided for the Respondent as I suffered 3 years of discrimination and pressure to retire with an opportunity of a job offered to a younger less experienced candidate.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank You _ I await in anticipation
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please can my sum of £44 be refunded if I am not able to get a telephone call

What do you specifically want to know about this?

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with general information, which hopefully will still be useful to you. If you wanted to appeal a decision from the Employment Tribunal, you Cn only do so on a point of law. Foe example, you cannot appeal because you disagree with the outcome and are not happy about the decision. You must find evidence that the Employment Tribunal had applied the law incorrectly in the first place and then you need to appeal on those grounds. That is why appeals become rather complex and technical and would usually require formal legal representation.

In terms of costs, you have to pay £400 to lodge the appeal and then if you are proceeding to a hearing, you also need to pay a £1,200 hearing fee.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.