Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

We were offered advertising of our domcillery care company

Customer Question

We were offered advertising of our domcillery care company at Southampton football stadium last year, but when covid had cancelled any statium visits
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Not yet... I am seeking advice as they say we cannot cancel and have no legal rights to cancel We called them and cancelled our direct debit last year and said that no one will see the add and with covid we will need to keep our funds tight as prices on ppe rose by 10 fold
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They didnt contact us until today and said that we owe 3000pounds and cant cancel as we have to rights to cancel That cant be right
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.
You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.
Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.

Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear about this. It is important to look at the contract that you signed. What does it say in respect of termination/cancellation rights? Additionally, check the force majeure clause - this will tell you what constitutes an act of God event (hopefully pandemic is covered) and what happens to the contract during an act of God event.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 13 days ago.

I note you haven't responded to my questions. I hope that the above helps, but feel free to come back with anything else or if you have any questions. I am happy to help.