How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3071
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Dear all, I am in Southampton, but have a more generic

This answer was rated:

Dear all,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Southampton, but have a more generic question about a consent order
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i'm not sure your are an actual person or a computer generated answer machine.
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have a consent order from 2012 and i need to register it in Romania - they don't understand the English law and are asking me to get a judge to sign and stamp it as "final order" - how do i do that?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

You need to fill the below attached form D180 to reflect the Decree Absolute from the UK so that it can be used in EU countries. please copy paste the below weblink for the relevant form-

you can complete the D180 online, email a copy to the county court where your consent order was issued. you can send along a scanned copy of the consent order to speed up the process.

There is a fee ( approximately £60) to pay to get it. The document is then signed by the judge, sent back to you by mail

you then need to get the stamped orders to be legalised by the UK government Legalisation Office (cost is currently 30 pounds, so that it can be used abroad and you can do it online using the below weblink-

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't need the Decree absolute recognised. it is only for the Consent order - the Tribunal in Romania asked for a dated judge stamp and signature on the Consent Order to say that this is a final order.

If the consent order is passed by a UK family court?

If yes, then you still need to get the Consent orders stamped by the court using the D180 form, as it is used regarding all matrimonial matters.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok. Thank you. I'll try that

You are welcome. Have a good day.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you