Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

If a mother takes child without the consent of father. Can

Customer Question

If a mother takes child without the consent of father . Can the home office take action during transit in qatar or duha or anywhere
JA: What steps has the mother taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She just wants to get home for some time and there is no issue between husband and wife but husband isnt allowing so can she come home and tell him
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if the child is taken abroad from the UK without the consent of one of the parents?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not taken yet
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
okay
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

for taking the kid abroad , the parent will need permission from the other parent and any one with the parental responsibility, because, in the absence of such permission or court orders, that parent going abroad with the kid can get accused of abduction charges.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me clarify you my question .
A mother wants to travel back to her home in her country . But the husband isnt allowing. So she just wants to go for short period of time and once she is in her home she can let his husband know
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

It is a criminal matter and police can take action .

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
while traveling without the consent can she face problem . During transit in Qatar or Doha can Uk home office take action ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

You can apply for a prohibited steps order.

This limits parents from carrying out certain events or trips without the express permission of the other.

This is useful if you are worried your ex-partner may attempt to, for example, take the child abroad or to another area of the UK without your knowledge.

Failure to comply with this order is treated as a criminal offence and can result in the person who has taken the child being charged with kidnapping.

You can apply for prohibited step orders by making an application under the Children Act 1989 under section 8.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

She would face problem flying from the UK , without the consent or court orders.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sir im the mother and i want to take my child to my home country and my husband isnt allowing me . There is no issue between me and my husband . He just won't allow me . So once i get home i can convince him . So i want to ask if i can take my child abroad for some time and while reaching let her father know and convince him
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just want to know while traveling my husband wont know that i am traveling and if im in transit in Qatar or Doha can Uk home office take any action ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

As explained above , you can not take the kid out of the UK , as you would require a consent from the other parent or a court orders for flying out of the Jurisdiction of the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

UK home office cannot take action in Qatar or Doha.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

UK authorities can stop you in the UK from flying out.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Even if your husband is unaware , you would be stopped at the UK airport and can be charged with abduction.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sir please try to understand my point . There is no issue between me and my husband we live together . I just want to go home for some time . If i get visa and travel . And once i have taken off is there any possibility that you UK Home office can stop me . And if i reach hai Doha then ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

It does not matter , if there is an issue between you and your Husband .

For taking the kid abroad , you need written consent of the other parent or a court order .

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have the consent
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you have the written consent then there is no issues at all.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
now can there be any issue ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you have consent of the other parent, then there would be no issues at all.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you so much
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

My pleasure. Have a good day.