12826847

I have an Etsy shop where I sell jewellery. I received a

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Etsy shop where I sell jewellery. I received a copyright infringement notice from a jewellery seller outside of Etsy and because of that one of my products has been taken down. I get my jewellery from a supplier in China, which means that I don't make the designs myself. I never heard from that company before or knew of their product which is similar to ours. Etsy has advised that I could submit a DMCA counter notice but the company which reported the copyright could take me to court. How can I proceed with this? Do I have a chance to win the case if I submit the counter notice?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your reply. Have you had the chance to look into my issue?